Fabric: From stash, originally from Croft Mill – about a couple of pounds per metre at the time. Used one and a bit metres.
Pattern: Self-drafted, drew round an existing apron.
Notions: Thread from stash.
First worn: Lots of times over the Christmas holidays by its recipient!
Wear Again: I’m sure it will!
Challenge No.12 for this year – so it’s been one project each month for me! I had hoped to have finished a red wool shift dress by Victory Patterns, but that was not to be … another week or so for that one. I made this as a Christmas present, for a man, and I managed to find some chef type fabric. The diamond pattern made it perfect for lining up hems and seam allowances, as well as allowing for perfect pocket positioning. I made extra long ties which cross around at the back and tie in the front rather than a bow at the back. I used to make these to sell and I’ve since had an order for another one!
I’ve been finding it quite a challenge to balance sewing with my knitting this year. Here’s one of the knitting projects I also managed to finish.
It”s a cushion done as part of the cultural Olympiad and was presented to an olympic athlete – I don’t know which one unfortunately. One of the highlights of this year! I wonder what the new one will bring ….
Happy New Year Everyone!