The “One Last Green” Dress
Fabric: Green satin re-purposed from Loki cape $0, lace fabric from etsy $8
Pattern: Modified Simplicity 1873
Notions: 16″ zip $.50
Time to complete: 12 hours
First worn: For pictures before we took off for the weekend
Wear again? Eventually
Total price: $8.50
We made it!!! It’s hard to believe it’s all over!! I just want to say it has been an amazing journey with you lovely ladies – and once I’ve had a bit of a rest I’m sure I’ll miss the frantic sewing.
What to say about this dress? Well, I was trying to copy this dress I think it’s from ModCloth but I can’t find it on their site. Anyway, I first saw it on Pinterest. And also I wanted to match this little lace bolero I got at H&M a few years ago. The lace in the dress is a tad darker, but I think it still works.
I made a few modifications to the pattern. I did view C but I raised the neckline, skipped the side tabs, and made a gathered skirt instead of using the pattern pieces. Also the skirt is much longer than the model on the envelope – who has 8ft long legs!
I used the lace on the bodice only on the front. I had enough for the back but I just decided not to. I used a regular zip but I think I’m going to change it out for an invisible one because the fabric gets caught really easily.
I’m rushing off to the in-laws’ place for the weekend so this is a short post. But I hope you all have a lovely end to the year, and here’s to more sewing in 2013!!