The “Tomboy” Top
Fabric: Old Navy button-up handed down from the husband $0 – free to me!
Pattern: Self-drafted collar and sleeves
Time to complete: 5 hours
First worn: For a walk in our new neighborhood
Wear again? Certainly
Total price: ~$0
Haha! We’re back on schedule!! It took up most of my Sunday but I got this finished!
So when we were planning for our move we went through a lot of our belongings that we just don’t use anymore and set them aside to donate to charity. We had a huge pile of clothes and misc things. However, I made sure to rescue a few of my husband’s button-ups to refashion after these Pinterest pins I’ve been holding on to for a while.
Here’s a not-so-great camera phone “before” picture for reference. There’s a bunch of still full boxes just out of frame.
I chopped off the collar, took in the side seams, refitted the sleeves, made them shorter, and used the left over fabric from the sleeves to make a peter pan collar. I thought about hemming but I wanted the option of tucking it in if I so chose.
I liked this pic because you can see our shadows in addition to the sleeve detail :)