The “Mandarin Orange” Top
- Fabric: orange corduroy (free!)
- Pattern: Butterick 4811 (I think this was one of those $1.99 pattern sales)
- Year: 2006
- Notions: buttons (stash), thread (stash), bias tape (stash)
- First worn: August 18, 2012
- Wear again?: Yes
- Total price: $2
I’m sure this challenge is a skill challenge, meant to expand our sewing skills, and I thought about doing a really interesting and unique collar, then realized I just didn’t have the time since I would need to get going on the book-inspired challenge as fast as possible (for reasons I will explain next week). This took just a Saturday morning to complete.
Anyway, I’ve gotten pretty good at collars. A quick look at my sewing photos from the past few years says I’ve sewn 19 of them. So I picked an easy style–the mandarin collar–and a pattern with all of 3 pieces for collar number 20.
I love this shade of orange and it is perfect for moving into an autumn color pallette. The weight of the fabric is good for fall as well. The cut is on the boxy side, but I’m deciding to like that. It’s sort of an ongoing decision.
I do love the buttons.
Some of you may be wondering how it is I’m handling all those mandarin oranges so well . . .
It’s a zen thing.