I’m getting to the point where I would really like to be able to make everything. I’m not there yet mind you but I’m moving in that direction. I’ve been making Emily’s panties from the beginning because I didn’t like the fit of her store bought ones. I haden’t made my own though. I tend to just run into Victoria’s Secret and get 5 pairs for $25 when I start to run low. Lately though it seems like I start to run low all the time. You see I throw them away when they get wholes and between the elastic coming off and the fabric getting wholes I’ve been throwing them out at an alarming rate.
In a way this pattern was also a bit of a get real project. I bought it for the lace hipsters but my body only likes cotton panties. I ended up making the bikini with a few adjustments and am pleased. I do suggest making a tester first though and possibly trying more then one fit. I tried the other cut and it was awful. I also didn’t like either rise and ended up splitting the difference between the two. For Emily I made the high rise bikini with the front curved down just a bit.
Fabric: several 1/2 yard cuts of fabric (with scraps left over for more pairs) and other fabric scraps
Notions: Fold over elastic and picot elastic. I prefer the fold over.
Pattern: Jalie 2568
Time: each pair less then 30 min
First worn: Today for both of us. Pink and purple animal print for all.
Wear again: Yes
Total cost: To paraphrase the old add “Panties that stay out of you butt priceless”
I hope you will all forgive the lack of model shots I think we can all agree that neither of the ladies of the house needed to appear on the internet in just her panties. Just in case your not here’s a cute pic of Emily is the shorts for last weeks challenge that I never got around to posting about.