the Blue Burda dress
Honestly, I don’t have a huge amount to say this week. Its been a busy and somewhat frustrating past few weeks including me spilling coffee on my beloved Mac, a crazy heat wave, a hurt foot, and now not feeling good. There have been plenty of good things too and just listing them out reminds me how much my problems are first world problems. So on to the dress. I got the Burda Style book for Christmas and thought I would make everything right away. Instead it sat on my shelf until I started trying to figure out what to do with this blue with red flowers fabric I bought on clearance this winter. At first I was going to do a tent like dress with a belt but I knew I wouldn’t be happy with that but I only had 2 yards so my choices were limited and this little dress fit the bill. I tapered between two sizes which is my norm. The only fit problem I had was that the back stuck up funny so I modified the back to v down which I like better plus it eliminated the problem by leaving it on the cutting room floor.
Fabric: 2 yards of blue with red flowers from JoAnn’s on sale for $7.00 total plus 2 yards of navy broadcloth $12.00
Notions: 3 navy thread cones and a red invisible zipper not sure what they cost
Pattern: Dress from the Burda Style book
First worn: pictures
Wear again: yes
Time to make: Grabbed moments over 3 weeks. It didn’t really take that long though. I’ve just been busy.