Upcoming Theme: Las Vegas!
Stumped by next week’s Las Vegas challenge? Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- The perfect wedding dress for a quickie Vegas wedding. Use a 1960s vintage wedding pattern and make a dress in a color other than white.
- Showgirls. It doesn’t have to be stage-ready. Just make something that incorporates sequins or feathers. Maybe tackle a bathing suit fit for a showgirl.
- Elvis in Vegas. Want to give a jumpsuit a try?
- Anything gold and glittery. Vegas begs for glamour in gold. Dress like you would if you were visiting in the late 1950s or early 1960s.
- Sharon Stone in Casino. There’s a whole range of outfits from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Just be sure to accessorize with some jewelry.
- Use a fabric reminiscent of playing cards or dice. Reds, blacks and whites will make very wearable outfits.
- Embroidery! Decorate a circle skirt with some sort of Vegas motif.
- Rat Pack style. Sew something tailored and sophisticated and be sure to take a picture with cocktail in hand.
- Liberace. See Showgirls above.