The ‘In the Pink’ top
I’ve been a bit slack of late when it comes to posting. My sewing has been sort of meh lately and I am putting it solely down to the fact of Autumn in Victoria. It’s cold and grey and everyone is making nice and summery garments except me. (Major Sulk!) Anyroad, I’ve decided that I don’t care that it is cold outside. If I feel like making a bright and summery piece then I will do so and so with that decision made, I am now feeling in the pink again.
⁃ Fabric: some sort of gauzy stuff
⁃ Pattern: Burda 108
⁃ Year: Burda Style April 2010
⁃ Notions: thread only.
⁃ Time to complete:
⁃ First worn: for these photos
⁃ Wear again? when the weather heats up or the heater is working overtime
⁃ Total price: pretty much a freebie.
This pattern is for a dress and I did indeed make the dress, complete with unnecessary zip a couple of years ago. But I never wore it and it never made it out of my sewing area as any time I put it on I would think hmmmmm, it’s not quite right.
I started by unpicking the zip (a good job to do in front of the telly – Time Team) and sewed up the back seam. I then put it on to make sure that it still fitted me and worked out roughly where I wanted to make the cut. I made the most jaggedy-edged cut but it tidied up nicely with a rolled hem. This was done without the dubious help of my rolled-hem foot. I have yet to work out how to use it effectively and boy you should see the hem on the last shirt I tried it on.
After trying it on and prancing in front of the mirror for a bit, I set up my new tripod (having busted the old one stupidly) and tried to find a good spot for a photo or two. Outside is not an option in a short-sleeved, light top, so it’s more plain walls in my house, but here is a window shot that shows the drapes on the shirt fairly well even though the photo is a bit dark.
I’m getting a bit more keen on the next few weeks worth of challenges and have made final decisions on patterns and the fabric (most unlike me). It’s nice to be back in the swing of things.