The “Got the Job!!” Pants

The Facts
Fabric: stretch cotton suiting from Britex Fabrics in San Francisco
Pattern: Clover by Colette Patterns with Burda Style’s Ruby
Year(s): 2011
Notions: 10 plastic buttons, thread
Time to complete: about 5 hours
First worn: to my job interview
Wear again? Yes, although hopefully not to another interview soon.  I have plans to make them again with Patty the Snug Bug’s lotus blossom welt pockets tutorial (http://pattythesnugbug.com/2011/experiment-lotus-blossom-welt-pockets.)
Total price: $16

I originally made these for a job interview back in October.  However, I was one button short so I just safety pinned the left side and hoped no one noticed.  Either it worked or they found me adorably quirky because I got the job!

To the left is a close up of the side buttons I used on both sides instead of a zipper.

To the right is the obligatory adorable dog picture.

Author

Margaret

Margaret Glass' sewing inspiration is largely lingerie based, as she hopes to one day draft and sew her own. She also enjoys making dresses she can play the drums in.

8 Comments

Comments are closed.

  1. great idea with the buttons – and I just love the dog photo (I have alot of those too!)

  2. I really like your way way of mashing up multiple patterns–you have a great eye for what will go together!

  3. I love the side buttons – so cute! And the adorable dog :)

  4. I too like how the buttons look. Great styling too.

  5. Hey Welcome abroad. I see this is your first post. Button detail is awesome. Happy sewing.

  6. Great idea using buttons vs a zipper – love those details!

  7. Those buttons are fantastic – I like these so much better than the zipper! Well done :)