The “Lucky Save’ shirt
Fabric: Poly Cotton (possibly the op shop, but more likely a cheapy from Lincraft)
Pattern: Butterick 6550 Version A, with a first attempt at a FBA
Notions: Thread, 5 buttons from op shop
Time to complete: 6 – 8 hours
First worn: for the photo
Wear again? Yes, it will be a good shirt for work
Total price: approx. AU$6.00
I call this the Lucky Save’ shirt as it was just as I was about to open the last button-hole when I realised that I had sewn it in the wrong place (about an inch lower than it was supposed to be). So out came my best friend (seam ripper) and I carefully and with success, removed the stitching and resewed the button-hole.
My old machine had a four-step button-hole system and I love how the new machine is a one-step job. I have also now learnt how to do the buttons on this machine so it has been a very useful challenge.
I faffed around for most of this week before settling on this pattern. I wanted a simple pattern as I needed to do a FBA and so didn’t want to start with anything too complicated. I then procrastinated and cleaned up my desk and sewing area (which was actually really handy) before choosing fabric and getting started. It did all go together quite easily and if I am needing another simple shirt, would certainly use this pattern again.
You can’t see it but I am also wearing the half-circle skirt I made over the Christmas break and it is finally hot enough to wear. Summer is sort-of, almost here! yay!