The “A Lot of Buttons” Dress
Total Cost: $4.50
This week I took it easy and revisited a UFO that needed a ridiculously small amount of work to make it into the wearing rotation. I sewed this Ceylon all the way back in February, right after I sewed my first Ceylon. Everything but the hem and the buttonholes/buttons was finished in that first sewing session. And then I put it on hold because I didn't have 16 buttons that I wanted to use.
My original goal was to used self-covered fabric buttons. In April or so, I finally got to the store to buy them! Progress! But then, in the mess that is my sewing room, I couldn't find them (I still can't). So, for this week, I went the very easy route of just using some simple white buttons.
Maybe, one day (considering my pace, probably in November), I'll swap out these buttons with the self-covered ones that are in room…somewhere. But for now, it was just more important to get this dress done and into my closet. The thing about UFOs is that they seem to multiply once I hit a certain number. It's like once I think "oh, I can just finish this later," I give myself permission to half-finish everything!
So my lesson this week: Even if it is a little fix, it still counts as finishing a UFO!