MTL: Lemonade at Lunch Dress
I can already this is going to be a fairly dangerous feature for my shopping habits! I bought the fabric to make this look after putting it all together. That’s okay since I’ve been eyeing this modcloth dress for some time. I was quite pleased to find a fabric that captures the spirit of the bodice so well!
Also, keep those MTL requests coming in and drop us a line with a link to the original garment as well as a little explanation of why you’d like to make the dress (it can be very short). I received a handful this weekend (some quite the challenge) and hope to get them into the queue soon!
- Lemonade at Lunch Dress from modcloth.com
- Bryant Park Blooms White/Grey/Yellow ($8.48/yd)
- Premium Broadcloth Red ($3.98/yd from Fabric.com)
- Premium Broadcloth Solid Navy ($3.98/yd from Fabric.com)
- Burda Tank Dress with Gathered Skirt ($5.40)
- Make the red cummerbund a separate sash instead of an attached piece. If you want to make it part of the dress, cut the bodice piece shorter — about 1-2″ below your bust. Cut the red fabric in the shape of the removed bodice pieces. Be sure to give yourself enough extram seam allowance to attach the red fabric. Then, do the darts as you would.