MTL: Frilly Lily Dress
For today’s Make This Look, we opted to use gauze instead of polyester. If I were to make this dress and wanted to really make it match the original, I would probably buy just the ivory gauze and then dye the fabric to match the other tiers. Then, I could also dye some eyelet lace the color of the second tier (as well as the ribbon belt matching the bottom tier). But, that’s probably much more work than anyone should probably do.
- Frilly Lily Dress from modcloth.com (out of stock)
- Fabric: Island Breeze Gauze Hunter Green ($3.98/yard from Fabric.com)
- Fabric: Island Breeze Gauze Dark Ivory ($3.98/yard from Fabric.com)
- Fabric: Cotton Bubble Gauze Grass ($3.98/yard from Fabric.com)
- Pattern: Butterick 5313
- Make the top tier the same color as the bodice.
- To match the original inspiration, cut the bodice neckline straight across