Make This Look: Salty & Pepper Dress
If you're like me and a bit of a sewing addict, you probably can't see off-the-rack clothing without thinking "how can I make that?" I figured I might as well bring that obsession to The Sew Weekly with a new feature: Make this Look. Today's look is the out-of-stock Salty & Pepper dress from Modcloth.com.
- Woven 1/4 Gingham Black ($3.98/yard) from Fabric.com;
- Premium Broadcloth Solid Black ($3.98/yard) from Fabric.com;
- Halter Dress Pattern from BurdaStyle ($5.40)
- Skip the black midriff piece and instead make or purchase a wide black belt.
- If you add the ruffles to the bottom, do so before pleating the skirt.
- Add a faux placket to the center bodice piece before attaching the skirt and collar. Then attach the buttons as a last step.