Shopping for New Vintage Shoes
This week's theme is all about making something attractive out of something that is less than so. A pattern's envelope cover really makes quite the (positive or negative) impact and, sadly, modern patterns lack the magic illustrative style that make vintage patterns so appealing. It's not that they're bad patterns, per se. It's that they just aren't art.
I get quite a few comments about the shoes I wear in my photos. While they're never vintage (my feet are too wide), they certainly have a vintage styling to them. I especially love the wedges and thick heels of the 1940s. Whenever I'm pouring over the pages of vintage advertisements and the Sears Catalog, I wish that I could shop directly from their pages. Oh the choices!
So I had a thought: If modern shoes were presented as "vintage" shoes, would I be able to fill my lack-of-time-machine shopping void? Well, since I did the Photoshop magic, it doesn't particularly make me feel like I found a magic catalog. However, that shouldn't stop you from shopping to your heart's content!
I present to you, Modern shoes with a vintage shopping twist:
- [A] Chelsea Crew Maytal Blue Tie Up Oxford Heels, $61 from Lulus.com. Also available in Grey.
- [B] Chelsea Crew Alexa in Black, $46.75 from Lulus.com. Also available in Brown, Bone, Blue
- [C] Aris Allen Womens 1940s Brown Nubuck Leather Wedge in Brown, $74.95 from Amazon. Also availble in Taupe, Black
- [D] Naturalizer Women's Berlynn Espadrille, ~$50 from Amazon. Available in brown, yellow, red, denim and white.
- [E] Report Women's Rogers Wedge Sandal, $64-$90 from Amazon. Available in Black, Blue, Brown & Orange
- [F] Aris Allen Women's Red Peep-Toe Mary Jane Wedge Dance Shoes, $74.95 from Amazon.
- [G] Seychelles Women's In With the New Pump, $59-$89 from Amazon. Available in Mustard and Charcoal.
- [H] Restricted Carley Black Peep-Toe Lace Up Cone Wedges, $69.95 from Amazon.com. Also available in Brown.
- [I] Chelsea Crew Sari Mustard Canvas Summer Oxford Wedges, $65 from Lulus.com. Also available in Navy
- [J] Chelsea Crew Agnes Tan T-Strap Stacked Heel Sandals, $73 from Lulus.com