Seven Facts about Me
- When I was a thirteen, I became obsessed with Gone With the Wind and collected all sorts of memorabilia related to the movie — even the Franklin Mint plates. I actually still have all the stuff in our garage. A little over a year ago, I finally got to go all out in 1860s apparel at our local Dickens Faire. Although I didn't make the dress, I made my bonnet and Penelope's dress. The collar and sleeve cuffs were vintage, however. Thankfully one of my good friends dressed up and with me or I would have had to be a costume dork alone. My husband, alas, doesn't do the costume thing (Gatsby was an exception).
- I was on the cover of Fortune magazine— along with a few others (including my husband, Ben. He's on the bottom row). That's part of my other — non-sewing — life.
- I got a hood dryer for Christmas but just can't figure out how to make it work with my hair. I usually opt to wear foam curlers to bed overnight. If anyone has a tip on using a bonnet dryer, I'm all ears.
- In addition to my sewing new year's resolution, I also resolved to exercise. So far, I've been true to that goal and go to spinning class about four times a week.
- My big dream is to one day open a vintage boutique with the speciality being textiles, sewing notions, patterns and other sort of domestic items.
- I'm a terrible slob and my sewing room is an absolute mess. Thankfully, it's our guest bedroom down in the basement level so my husband and daughter can avoid it. When it's clean, I love it.
- My husband and I once flew to New York City just to see Justin Timberlake play the Roseland ballroom.
And now I have to "award" seven other bloggers and pass the torch to write seven things about themselves on their blogs. It's a bit like chain-mail so if you don't I understand.